Sunday 15 June 2014

Mermaid Life



I have always loved The Little Mermaid, and was finally given the opportunity to cosplay Ariel this week. I utilised a pair of leggings from Living Dead Clothing, by sewing a faux fin to the bottom of the legs using green chiffon and a mermaid fabric from Spotlight. I pinked the edges and gently shaped the ends so the effect was soft and flowing. It was also relatively easy to move in, but gave the desired effect of a mermaid tail when posed correctly.


I also bought a red wig from eBay, and customised a shell with rhinestones and self-adhesive pearls. As I would be at work I didn't want to wear a purple bikini top, so chose an off-the-shoulder lilac crop from Asos. To complete the look, I chose my usual pinup make up with red brows and a more dramatic winged eyeliner.

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and it was a relatively simple costume. Hope you like it! x
Ariel with her dinglehopper!


No comments:

Post a Comment