Saturday 26 April 2014

Beautiful Birdie

Anyone who knows me, knows my absolute love for Pinup Girl Clothing. For anyone new to this clothing company, I strongly suggest you visit their site! Not only is it a clothing store, but a community of beautiful, glamorous and intelligent women, plus everything in house is made in the USA. They have an active style forum, Facebook and Instagram page, and this community is something I hold dear to my heart.

I stalk their social media almost daily and nothing could contain my excitement when I saw the new colour-ways for the Birdie dress. I already own this dress in Red Rose and it's one of my favourite pieces, it's a great go-to for any occasion.

During the online yard sale, I had the perfect reason to order this dress (Note: I can always find a perfect reason to order a dress!) and I eagerly anticipated it's arrival. Thanks to Pinup Girl Clothing's super fast Fedex delivery I had my yard sale goodies in my finger tips in 5 days and awaited the perfect opportunity to give this dress it's first outing and my first blog review.

Apologies for the heavily imaged post.
3/4 Sleeve Birdie in lavender $118
This dress is made from rich stretch cotton sateen and has a delightful heavy quality to the fabric. My most favourite feature of this dress, is the oversized collar, which folds into a modest V shaped in the front, which is both elegant and demure.


The three quarter length sleeves, are roomier than I was anticipating which makes this dress comfortable and easy to maneuver in. The full skirt shows off your silhouette, and coupled with the matching belt nips in your waist so it can be perfectly defined.

I am wearing this dress with a pink petticoat from Kitty Rose Couture and simple back seamed stockings - a necessity for any fifties loving girl. This petticoat is by Spin Dance - Vintage Collection and is not scratchy or too voluminous for every day wear. I don't tend to wear petticoats on a daily basis - I prefer to keep them for special occasions, but this may change!


The full skirt is shown beautifully without a petticoat but for added fullness it definitely enhances my figure, it's also great for twirling!

I wear a medium in most of Pinup Girl Clothing dresses and separates and this is no exception. The waist is tight but not uncomfortable and I find the length perfect on my 6ft frame. My measurements are 36-28-40 for reference and the size chart can be located on the right of the image on the website. Their Facebook page is always active if you need help with sizing.

I don't think I can go any further without mentioning the stunning print and lavender colour - it definitely makes you stand out from a crowd and I had many compliments on it's first outing. It's coming up for Winter now in Melbourne, and even though this is part of the spring line, I will be wearing it a lot with tights and my leather jacket. It's too pretty to keep it away for Summer!


I am already wanting this dress in the Magenta colour and will be adding it to my wish list! Now let's put some more photo's in so you can appreciate the beautiful dress in all it's glory!



Such good quality fabric, and vivid print.

Always twirling!
Amazing twirling abilities - as I said!
Pinup Girl Clothing pretties always flatter my curves and this dress is the epitome of that. I feel glamorous and pretty, totally girly and I love it. The quality is unquestionable and the design eye catching and feminine. 

If you have any questions on the fit of this dress or any other items from Pinup Girl Clothing, please feel free to ask. I hope you enjoyed my review and found it useful x

2 comments:

  1. You look so amazing, girl! The dress is so gorgeous. Pin Up Girl Clothing has so many amazing items! I'm dying for the dress with the oranges to come out already. :)

    ~Bristol
    colourmebristol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bristol. Ooh I love that one too -too many pretties for my bank balance! And thanks for giving me another blog to follow :) xx

      Delete